Friday, June 22, 2007

Day 1 JUMP

Day 1, Officially (well kind of) Car free
The woman buying this car lives in a totally different world from me, she's paying full price but asked me to take it to a shop and get it checked out. They said the fuel system needed some work ($127). She expected me to get it done, how strange!!!! In my world, we barter, we keep a poker face, it is a rush, everyone walks away thinking he got a deal, no one takes it to "their mechanic" everyone is their own mechanic. OK, whatever, I can wear this mask, I convinced my Parisian friends that I was Swedish, I can do this, too.
So I took it to the mechanic (got lost on the way, thank goodness I will be done driving!!!) and walked to the bus (2 miles) to go to work. It was about 90* but I was in a great mood, these are the tings I will be doing now that I am car free and my bike is in the shop, OK, this is a bump, but it's kind of like forced personal time; no one can justify taking it but it is completely nescessary.

No comments: