Friday, June 22, 2007

Day 4 Groceries

Got my bike back, things are much better now!!!
Last night, 5 friends came over for a clothing exchange party, you know, everything you would have taken to Goodwill, but your friends might like? They left all of the extra at my house (I told them to)... 4 bags of clothes, no car and the nearest VOA Dropbox is 1.5 miles, thanks goodness for those, but I really am going to need to figure out this trailer business. Nevermind, though, I will deal with that later, maybe we'll have a garage sale.
This morning is grocery shopping at the Co-Op, a few miles away, yes, but worth it. First, though, a stop at Playmakers then the bike shop (for an emergency tube repair kit, time to be responsible) then the Co-Op. As I am shopping, BeckyJo calls, checking to see if I would still come help her look at this Bianchi bike (on the other side of town). "Of course, be there in 20 minutes". Finish up at the Co-Op, but alas, my bag isn't big enough, I don't have the rack (it's summer, I have been going on some long rides) and I bought frozen mango wonderfulness, it's 90* out, the only edible things are frozen or cereal!!!
OK, well, guess I will get a $2 shopping bag, we can always use another, right? So here I go, 20mph down the main road with this bag pinching my arm, slung over the other bag. Yep, I need a bigger bag or a TRAILER!!!
20 minutes pass and I am barely at my house, throw the frozen stuff in the freezer and book it to look at the Bianchi. She already rode it... too big.
We talk and I look down, I was supposed to be at work NOW, fortunately I am only a mile away. So I sprint to meet up with my students at the school, there is a Pow Wow today, I run cultural events for my program, too. One student comes, with her whole family, though. She was late, too.
Back to the house, groceries in the fridge, I may eventually get the hang of this.

No comments: