Went to a Solstice Party in A2 last night, Lansing to AnnArbor is 3hrs. 45minutes on a bike. I nearly got hit by a deer, but it was amazingly empowering to do it alone.
The ride was beautiful (all across Dexter Trail) and when I got there I was relaxed, happy and got mad props for having ridden there. I think I can get it down to 3 hours by the end of Summer, it is probably out of the question in winter, though, but we will see, depends on ice and wind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So, I just found your blog, and WOW! I'm a student at CMU, and I plan to wean myself off of my car this school year (because who really needs a car in a town where everything is within a 5-mile radius of you?) I love to find people who have already made the step to become car-free, because it gives me so much more motivation.
Hi Lauren,
AWESOME!!! I am so excited for you!!! I had forgotten about this whole blog adventure and just saw your post. How are you coming with giving up driving? There are actually a lot of people in Lansing who have made that commitment for a lot of reasons (and being that the economy is in a sad state of affairs, a lot more who have been forced into the choice)
It has been really interesting so far, a lot of planning, carpooling and freedom. If you want any advice/help, let me know. There are definitely a few things I wish I would have anticipated. Take care and good luck!!!
Post a Comment